Leading Sink Upgrades for Your Kitchen Remodel
Outside of appliances, the sink is the focal point of a kitchen. This will likely play a larger role than you’d think in your kitchen remodel. Sinks come in an assortment of sizes, shapes, styles and even materials. There are lots of choices out there, so you should be able to easily locate something that matches your countertops and your decorating style.
When you begin your home kitchen remodel there are several variables that you really should take into consideration when choosing a sink. First decide the shape and material of the sink that you like best for your cooking area. Then determine what is going to work for you in regards to need, size and budget.
To help you consider what may work best for you, here are some of the most popular styles of sinks right now.
- Self-Rimming Sink: These are one of the most popular styles of sinks in the USA during kitchen remodels. Self-rimming sinks have a rim attached to the bowl of the sink and extends over the counter in order to support the weight of the sink. This comes in nearly every shape and material.
- Undermount Sink: This style can only be used with solid counter tops and makes an excellent selection to companion with granite or marble. An undermount sink is installed below the counter top for a flush and seamless look.
- Apron Sink: A timeless and classic design, they have a more worldwide charm. Whether that be a hearkening back to the old world when finished in porcelain, or a more eastern touch when done in bamboo. You will even find apron sinks made from stainless-steel and copper. Whatever material you select, this design of sink will certainly set your kitchen apart and give it a special focal point.
- Integrated Sinks: Integrated sinks are made from super premium quality materials such as quartz or marble. They have clean lines, a modern appearance as well as a lavish feel. The one disadvantage of these sinks is the high price point.
- Prep Sink: The prep sink is a must have for the home cooking aficionado. Having a prep sink provides you an extra preparation space and makes food prep and other duties a lot easier. Prep sinks come in several shapes, sizes and designs and are often found placed in or on the kitchen island.
- Farmhouse Sink: Farmhouse sinks are large rectangle-shaped sinks built for bigger jobs such as extra large pots and pans. These types of sinks are very practical and offer your kitchen a much more rustic look. You commonly see farmhouse sinks in mud rooms or second cooking areas.
When you tackle a kitchen remodel, your sink may be front of mind, however do not overlook the accessories. While you are having your sink installed is the perfect time to get each of the upgrades and accessories that you want to add.
Here are some wonderful optional accessories to consider:
- Drainboards: This European trend is finding feet in the US. Drainboards are a sloped surface beside your sink and they are perfect for items that you need to airdry.
- Insta Hot Taps: Instant hot water at the touch of your finger-tips. It doesn’t get much more convenient than that!
- Over- Or In-Sink Colanders: A colander made to go over or sit inside of your sink can truly diversify the space and make it incredibly practical beyond just doing a few dishes.
- Water Purifier: Get filtered water, without impurities, straight from your kitchen tap.
- Faucet Sprayers: Sprayers add an additional level of convenience and makes doing dishes and other tasks quicker and easier.
- Built-In Soap Dispensers: Get rid of sticky containers that tip over and make a mess. A built-in soap dispenser frees up your hands and also protects against messes.
- Garbage Disposals: Everybody wants a waste disposal unit, but now they are readily available in island sinks and sinks not situated next to a wall with the use of an air switch.
Kitchen Remodel & Restoration
If you want to get started on your kitchen remodel, you will want to hire the best licensed professionals to assist you. Call Absolute Comfort Home Services INC. in Walworth, WI. at (262) 394-0775 to schedule a quote today.